Sunday, January 30, 2011

Phildelphia Adventure





The one place I have wanted to go in Philly for the longest time was Reading Terminal Market. So when I got my foundations computers assignment to go out into the city that we live in I knew within 5 seconds where I was going to go. Unfortunately the weather that day was not the best however I met my roommate in Center City and off we went trekking through the ice, sleet and snow. I was rather excited to get out the cold by the time we made it to the terminal. As soon as I stepped through the doors I was amazed. It was like this little hidden burst of smells colors and people. It was nothing like I expected. It was a Friday afternoon so it wasnt too terribly crowded. But the experience was just as amazing. I started walking around and I just couldnt even believe that all of the little shops and vendors could fit  into such a small little space. As I began to walk around I noticed the shops full of colorful candy and the fresh fruits and flowers. It was just so colorful. As we wandered  around my roomate pulled me into this little shop that was a spice and coffee vendor. She practically had to drag me out of there every thing just smelled so good. After that we wandered around and due to the fact that we we were wandering around a market filled with food we just had to grap some lunch. We grapped a soft pretzel and sat down and ate leizaurly while those around us wandered around the market. It took me a moment to reliaze but we had a little sound track to our lunch a man was playing the piano a few tables away. After lunch we had to leave and head back to campus. I was really sad to leave and head back out into the storm but overall it was a great afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment